[Mgs] Rings (Was rocker threads)

cyberemp at comcast.net cyberemp at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 13:50:21 MDT 2010

Subject: Re: [Mgs] rocker threads causing problems
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 18:45:20 -0700

F.W.I.W. My first car (1967 Cortina GT) Had the same symptoms and removal of the head
revealed a 1/4 inch wide grove worn vertically in cyl. wall. I guessed it was a broken ring, but did not have the
tools, space $ or time to take it apart further. Eventually the city had my beloved money pit towed away. :(
First car. I loved that thing, even though it left a trail of broken parts where ever it went. Taught me the basics of
automotive mechanics just keeping it running.
Eric
Still so many cars, so little parking

(Original letter)
<<<Allright, this is where I am now...(snip)

I went driving and continued to see the original problem of billows of blue
smoke upon harder acceleration after strong suction. (snip)
Next step is work on the rings. (snip)