[Mgs] rocker threads causing problems

Shop at " Just Brits " shop at justbrits.com
Fri Oct 8 02:42:03 MDT 2010

  Answering all 3 of Clayton's posts inorder I
rec'd them !!

<< The fit Is correct. This is a 79 B so I don't
think the threads are  Whitworth >>

As I have already said, you ARE correct Clay [or
do you prefer
Clayton??] !!

<<The wrench is a sears click, I don't know if
they can be calibrated. >>

Last one I had WAS Clay, but either mail in or
take to store.
That said, I seem to recall my Snap-On chap
telling me they could
do them - he still sends out.  Machine is FAR to
much of a space
hop to have on the Dealers' Trucks !!!

<< I'm not sure grade 8s would really help; if I
understand correctly, grade 8s
are for a different kind of stress. >>

The give better "clamping force" but not in the
usage require
in this case.  Do NOT use.  Also, would change the
#s used,
IIRC - requires more ft/lbs. - which YOU do NOT
want <G> !!

Ed
Please visit MY site at: www.justbrits.com
[with MG A & B parts For Sale - SPECIALS]