[Mgs] Sort-of off-topic, Lotus Elan wheel spinners

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 09:59:04 MST 2010

Anyone know which side have left-hand threads and which right-hand?  Watching
Wheeler Dealers this week Edd China definitely had the left-hand thread on the
left-hand side.  That to me is wrong, if the 'ears' of the spinner catch on
anything it is going to tend to undo them, and is opposite to how they are on
my MGB.  Ironically, the first Elan forum I looked at had a couple of examples
of wheels coming loose, one person putting it down to having accelerated
harder than he braked!