[Mgs] Tyre life expectancy

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Thu May 27 17:53:14 MDT 2010

  No need, unless you drive it.
  On the road, though, you will find the car to drive much better.
  I had tires replaced a couple of years back by a small tire store. Though I
asked that the proprietor do the work, he entrusted it to a lad who
enthusiastically bent three wheels.
  Tires mounted to the rim for a long time can be quite stuck, the
wheel-straightening shop told me. Though bending is most usually done by
carelessness with the changer, if the tire is stuck to the rim the rim can be
pushed in.
  Check the wheels for roundness and lateral displacement after the old tires
are off.
Bob