[Mgs] Jaguar XK 150 Brakes

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 27 09:43:25 MDT 2010

Got to be something else, if they are clamped on *immediately* after
bleeding, but I can't imagine what.  If the push-rod is too long, preventing
the master piston coming back far enough to clear the bypass hole, that can
certainly cause the brakes to stick on, but only when they have got hot and
the fluid has expanded and has nowhere else to go except into the calipers
and cylinders.  Simply opening one bleed nipple in each circuit to release
the pressure is enough to diagnose that.  Another cause of this is if there
is a mechanical brake light switch and that is adjusted too far towards the
brake pedal, which also prevents the pedal coming back far enough.