[Mgs] Q: Horn Orientation

Bert Palte palte at gmx.net
Fri May 21 00:51:50 MDT 2010

One of the members of the MGCC here in Holland has reconditioned
the horns of my 1970 B, very nicely, I must add.
A link to his ad follows below (NFI, usual disclaimers apply).
My car still has the metal Lucas horns;
if your (RB) car has the later type plastic horns
then, IMHO, it is cheaper to just replace them.

http://www.mgcarclub.nl/index.php?option=com_marketplace&page=show_ad&catid=3&adid=631&Itemid=101

I discussed the mounting of the horns with Pel.
As I have always assumed, the horn output opening should be
facing forward, i.e. in the driving direction.
Pel told me that it is better when the horn output openings are facing each other because then there is no possibility of dirt entering the horns.
But then, IMHO, you might have a severe loss of dBs since the horns are not delivering maximum sound output in the desired (forward) direction.

The Parts List or the Workshop Manual don't give the answer.

Any thoughts?

Bert

--
GRATIS fC<r alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!