[Mgs] difficulty getting TD into reverse

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 10 09:40:52 MDT 2010

Is it baulking or grinding?  Is first the same or OK?  If only reverse and
it isn't grinding then it sounds more like gear selector problems that
clutch.  If grinding in both (are the other gears synchro?) then it sounds
like the clutch is dragging.  Is a TD clutch adjustable?

BL cars have always baulked in first and reverse as often as not, and I have
never had a car that didn't baulk occasionally.  If either of the Bs baulk
in first I simply put it part way into second and then it goes into first
... almost always that is.  If it baulks in reverse then sometimes going up
into 1st is all it needs, sometimes it needs to got 1st 2nd then reverse.
Very very rarely do I have to lift off the clutch in neutral and try again.