[Mgs] Judder

daybell7 at aol.com daybell7 at aol.com
Mon May 3 09:21:05 MDT 2010

Message: 1
ate: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:10:12 -0400
rom: "Adrian Jones" <adrianjones747 at earthlink.net>
ubject: Re: [Mgs] Clutch judder
o: <mgs at autox.team.net>
essage-ID: <004701cae7e0$5b9914d0$12cb3e70$@net>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Before you pull the engine, try the following, as a last resort:

Go to an empty parking lot and do a series of starts in 4th gear until you
an smell the clutch.  This burns off any oil.

Worked for me.

Cheers,
Adrian

-----------------------------
Message: 3
ate: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:54:09 -0500
rom: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke at comcast.net>
ubject: Re: [Mgs] Clutch Judder
o: mgs list <mgs at autox.team.net>
essage-ID: <4BDA3841.4000605 at comcast.net>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
> I have clutch judder in my 1968 MGB-GT.
Have you seen a doctor? Sorry - couldn't resist.
Mine is a '67 tourer. Things I have noticed about Rear End Hop -
1. It was always present with my car, but at times worse. When I let the
ngine oil get low it would get worse.
2. I tried a new clutch thinking it was oil on the clutch. Nope.
3. Traction bars will help but they cost over $300. I've thought about
etting a pair for a Ford Ranger at $85 and shortening them, but never
ot around to it. Thoughts anyone?
4. The original rear end wore out and was replaced by a Salisbury from
y '69 car. End of rear end hop. This is not your problem since you
lready have one. (Or should. Might be worth a check. It *is* after all,
 used car.
5. Higher revs at take off helps temporarily, but wears the clutch.
6. Keep your engine oil topped up.

-
il desperandum
Glenn Schnittke
-----------------------
.schnittke at comcast.net
ome - 615-837-5883
ell - 615-319-5534

-----------------------------

n 4/29/10 6:54 PM, Glenn Schnittke at g.schnittke at comcast.net wrote:
>> I have clutch judder in my 1968 MGB-GT.

 Have you seen a doctor? Sorry - couldn't resist.

 Mine is a '67 tourer. Things I have noticed about Rear End Hop -

 1. It was always present with my car, but at times worse. When I let the
 engine oil get low it would get worse.

 2. I tried a new clutch thinking it was oil on the clutch. Nope.

 3. Traction bars will help but they cost over $300. I've thought about
 getting a pair for a Ford Ranger at $85 and shortening them, but never
 got around to it. Thoughts anyone?

 4. The original rear end wore out and was replaced by a Salisbury from
 my '69 car. End of rear end hop. This is not your problem since you
 already have one. (Or should. Might be worth a check. It *is* after all,
 a used car.