[Mgs] Engine Frustration

Michael Singleton mike at sportscarslimited.net
Mon Mar 22 08:37:36 MST 2010

Is the motor in fact frozen? If it cannot be turned by hand, or by putting
it in 4th gear and rocking it to turn over, you may have a serious issue.
Since you say the car has been sitting for 2 years, and you turned it over
enough to get oil pressure I would initially suspect that you have had bad
gas foul your valve(s)/guide(s). Gas sitting in the tank for an extended
time can get between the valve & guide in a remarkably short time and cause
the valve to stick to the guide. This will bind up the whole engine. The
cure is to remove the head and most likely have the valves removed,possibly
the guide(s) reamed &/or repaired. This is work for your machine shop to
undertake. They will have seen it before. To continue to turn the engine
over can result in additional damage, including one or more bent valves.
Hope it isn't this. Best of luck.

Michael Singleton
Sportscars Ltd
10170 Croydon Way