[Mgs] Steering Wheel

oliver sumton at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 4 11:55:55 MST 2010

I was in my 2000 honda accord when someone pulled out in front of me.  I was
going way too fast (maybe 60?) in a 35 zone and because of traffic I didn't
see her until she was less than a car length away.  I wonder if I even had
time to fully press the brake pedal.

early air bags, I am told, were rather nasty.  this one inflated, deflated,
and was gone.  totally saved my neck and shoulders from the bite of the seat
belt.  I LOVE air bags.  it was a no biggie for me.  I opened the door, sat
in the car for a minute, called my wife, and then got out.  but I could have
stayed in the car.  fortunately she got there right away, and took care of
the paperwork.  I was quite rattled but physically pretty much ok.  of
course the car was totaled (150k miles and 8 years old).

yes I drive funny little british cars, and no I wouldn't put one in because
I don't think you can correctly aftermarket design and implement one, but I
LOVE airbags and the fact that they are in my 2006 honda accord and
especially in my daughter's nissan and my wife's honda.