[Mgs] more questions re mg engine

Malcolm Jeffcock msjeffcock at eastlink.ca
Sun Jun 13 11:35:50 MDT 2010

Ok so I got the two nuts off and the cross member is of. Does the gear lever come out? I ask because I have another cross member at the back of the gear bo just before the union on the prop shaft. I cannot drop the assembly far enough to have the gear levaer clear the hole so as to allow it to come forward, That crossmember with jacking points is not removeable. As such unless gear lever comes off it isn't coming out but it does not easily come out and I don't want to break my transmission because ofdoing something I should not do.

It is a 74 B. To be frank I regret the decision to try and remove the complete assembly when removing engine only you have some access trouble on bolts two together and a challenge getting engine onto spline, these take about an hour to overcome. This is day three of this task! (with pauses to ask questions).

Malcolm