[Mgs] weber

don don at napanet.net
Thu Jan 28 18:45:24 MST 2010

Don't do it.  My 1962 MGA came with one of those and it just doesn't
run all that well with it.  Plus it looks hideous and ruins the car's
originality.  I am going to put the SUs back on it as they did come
with the car, albeit in a cardboard box.  I've had a lot of MGs over
the years and SU carbs are one of the cool things on an MG.  They are
simple and easy to work on.  If you must have different carbs, go for
a setup from an early B as they are probably the most
trouble-free.  Now the sidedraft Webers that were BMC competition
equipment might be a different animal than the cheap downdraft Weber
that I have on my car.

Don Scott
Calistoga, CA

1962 MGA Mk II