[Mgs] B trans question

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 6 15:26:17 MST 2010

Mods include:

New engine rear plate
New flywheel
New starter (this is a good thing)
Possibly new driveshaft (would have to look up)
New tunnel top cover (if still available; or major mods to old one)
Possibly hammer-clearancing inside tunnel (I did not find this necessary)
New shift lever and knob (may come with tranny)

So, not a drop-in by any means, but feasible.

I wouldn't do it just for the 1st-gear synchro -- I did it because the later
tranny had OD, which made it worthwhile.

The guy who used to carry the tunnel cover for this conversion is no longer
in business, so there is probably a bit of fabrication required.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149