[Mgs] Off Topic - ODB II readers

Rod Williams PRNDL at sonic.net
Tue Feb 23 09:11:44 MST 2010

On Feb 23, 2010, at 7:40 AM, Paul Root wrote:

> Yeah, the question was, what features do I want in a reader?

Paul. I have used a "ScanGauge II" for a couple of years. It lives in my
Sprinter van now but I have used it in my BMW, VW and Econoline before. It, of
course, reads and can clear some OBD codes and has paid for itself a couple of
times with that feature. However, I currently use it to monitor my Sprinter's
turbo diesel. It has amazing features and I consider it irreplaceable.

Nothing useful is going to tell you what the code is directly. Many codes are
specific not only to a manufacturer but sometimes to a particular model (as I
discovered with my VW). It's pretty east to look them up.

--
Rod Williams
Petaluma, California