[Mgs] How hot should my MG-B ?

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Sat Feb 20 15:55:57 MST 2010

I would think that's normal. A 160 degree thermostat just means that it
will open at 160, but your cooling system will reach an equilibrium at a
point warmer than that (unless it is really cold out). Older MGs had an
actual temperature gauge of which my 67 BGT with 190 degree thermostat
typically runs about 200 degrees or at least that is how I remember it.
It has been buried under a snow drift since sometime in November. But
the snow is slowly melting so I may dig it out in the next few weeks if
we don't get anymore snow.

David Councill
64 B restoration
67 BGT snowed under