[Mgs] MGA turn signal switch rebuild

Dan Dwelley maine2me at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 16:15:47 MST 2010

Hello all...and Barney!

I decided to go through my turn signal switches and rebuild what I can and sort what can be used for spare parts.

I pulled one apart as per Barneys instructions and all looked fine but the position of the switch when the piston is in the raised position. Am I wrong to assume (I know...bad word) that neither contact should be closed when in the raised position? I mean...to me, it would stand to reason that a closed contact would leave the turn signal on!
I'm guessing this may have been some aftermarket reproduction that was made on a Friday or a Monday....

The switch from my '56 is cracked so I figured maybe I could rob some parts from that to fix the other...WRONG!! It looks VERY different from the switch Barney shows on his website (http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/tssw_2.htm ). The quality is VERY good but unfortunately cannot be used with the other switch.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Dan