[Mgs] Fuel pump diaphram

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:48:09 MST 2010

Except that a pressure plate isn't nearly a third of the cost of a new engine
and transmission, and removing a fuel pump isn't nearly as involved as pulling
the engine and transmission.

The question I need to answer for myself is whether to bother rebuilding the
pump, or just buy a new one for a few more dollars.

My question to listers is, has any one else ever encountered this clear
lamination, and is it necessary to the proper and lasting function of the
diaphragm and the pump?

-Mike Eldred

'73 Midget
'54 TF Midget

> CC: mgs at autox.team.net
> From: ptrmgb at gmail.com
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fuel pump diaphram
> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:32:48 -0600
> To: redscirocco at hotmail.com
>
> I don't know whether you could or not.
>
> But to me, if I were rebuilding a fuel pump, I would replace the diaphram as
a matter of course.

> Not replacing would be like pulling the engine to replace the clutch, and
then changing the clutch disc but not the pressure plate.

> Paul.
>

> On Feb 3, 2010, at 11:07 AM, Mike Eldred wrote:
>
> > Folks, I recently started a rebuild on the fuel pump for my '73 Midget.
When