[Mgs] Reliable Fuel Pumps

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Tue Dec 14 17:14:42 MST 2010

Max, -- Did your then new fuel pump points look like this:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/faulty/ft037.htm

Can you say when that pump was purchased?

It is approaching three years since I reported this problem with new
SU fuel pumps manufactured by Burlen.  I got one intermediate
response some months later from a reseller indicating that Burlen was
ignoring the issue.  It is possible that this problem is related to a
dingle production run, but mot necessarily.  In the absense of any
positive response to fixing this problem, I can only recommend
avoiding purchase of any Burlen products.  My friend who had the
problams with this one got his money back and bought a good
aftermarker fuel pump.