[Mgs] Re. Brake Failure, now Left foot/Right Foot Braking

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 02:02:53 MDT 2010

The people who have been having trouble with Toyotas over the last year or
so have almost certainly been driving automatics for many years before.  The
Toyota problem seems to be far more serious, although precisely what still
doesn't seem to be clear.  The most recent thing I have read on the subject
is that Toyota claim from the analysis of a number of 'black boxes'
recovered from crashed cars (!), that the drivers didn't brake at all.  That
beggars belief, and even the company putting it out as a cause is almost
believable, in that they expect us to believe it.  Either that, or the human
race is getting far more stupid than ever I had believed.