[Mgs] my MKIII Sprite for sale part 1

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Mon Aug 2 15:15:11 MDT 2010

Folks,

Divorce #2 that took place earlier this  year is requiring a hard look at
liquidating assets.

Sadly, I will be selling my 41,000 mile MKIII Sprite. Original paint (red),
original 1098 engine, wire wheels, red upholstery, recent tires. Never
rusted, as in zero rust anywhere top to bottom. Never hit. It includes a
tonneau cover (with the bar), and if the accepted offer is in the price
range I need to get, will include a very restorable, rare, factory hardtop
(needs paint). There is no soft top with the car, but all the frames, and
frame bag etc. are included.

I purchased this car in 2002 or 2003 from fellow Sprite lover and Spridget
list member Daniel Thompson (no relation). It had 20,000 miles on it at that
time. Daniel lives in Montreal. this is a Canadian spec car, so it has
subtle differences from a US spec car. For instance, the turn signals have a
slightly different lens in front. I drove to Mosport, near Toronto, and
trailered it home. The car was legally imported , and has a clear IL title.
The car is located in central WI.

As I recall, here's the story on the car. A Canadian Sprite racer purchased
this car to use for spares. It was a 20,000 mile original car at the time.
He completely disassembled it, bagged and tagged it, and took the body tub
and all the parts and put it in his basement.