[Mgs] Random musings

Richard Gosling rbgosling at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 15 03:55:31 MDT 2010

Personally, as long as the main focus stays on stuff related to our cars,
I'm quite entertained by the odd off-topic excursion.  I don't think I'd
subscribe to a purely off-topic list, because
a) it'd be far too random
b) it's more fun tossing these things around with people you sort of feel
you know, virtual friends.  And that virtual friendship comes through the
car stuff.

It's great that we can have this stuff and it seems that people never (or at
least rarely) take it too personally or get too riled and stomp off in a
sulk, it usually remains good-natured.

I get more than enough e-mail with the MG list, and the Spitfires list
(which I still subscribe to, something like 7 years after the death of Daffy
the Spitfire!), couldn't cope with belonging to any more with a wider
catchment!

To answer Mark's basic question, I'd say it's been a good thing to fragment
into separate lists.  But then, I've only been using Team.net for just over
a decade, so I don't remember when there was just the two lists!

Richard & Sammy ('73 Black Tulip BGT)