[Mgs] Front Suspension upgrades

Glenn Schnittke g.schnittke at comcast.net
Tue Sep 8 13:32:00 MDT 2009

I must say, I got caster wedges (from Tucker on the cottage industry
list) for my '67 and didn't find that great of a difference - at least
not enough to justify the cost of the Costello version. I'm running
185's on the car.

I've been real happy in the past with a 7/8" swaybar and HD valves in
the Armstrong shocks. My car is primarily a daily driver, though. You
might also try some longer lower a-arms.

One thing at a time. If you do all the mods at once you won't have a
clue what's working and what isn't and what parts are actually working
*against* each other.

Glenn

> Subject: Re: [Mgs] Front Suspension upgrades
> To: "Steve" <temporarilyoffline at gmail.com>, "MG List"
> 	<mgs at autox.team.net>
>
> Take at least V8 bushings in the swing arms, I assume currently there are
> even better types available, which are lasting long and offer a very good
> road behaviour.
>
> Depending of the purpose the GT will have, you might opt. for some camber or
> caster alterations, when you are planning to rallying, racing etc.
> For typical classic car usage the basic setup is fine.

etc., and,

--
Be careful when you deal with old hippies. They can be real touchy.

	- Ferris Bueller