[Mgs] Brake pads

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 3 11:47:51 MDT 2009

I recently tried ceramic pads on another car, and I am very enthusiastic
about them. Supposedly they offer the fade resistance of semi-metallic, but
with good cold performance, and less abrasion of the disk. So far I have to
say they have lived up to the hype.

They have great bite dead cold (far better than organic), and on a 700-mile
mountain rally they did not fade in the least (however, I did boil the brake
fluid, but that's another issue). I don't have enough miles to check in on
the wear issue, but this particular car has expensive and relatively
delicate rotors, so that was part of my criteria.

For this application, they were more expensive than organic (+ 50%), but
considerably cheaper than semi-metallic. I don't know how Moss has them
priced.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

on 9/3/09 10:26 AM, Schauss, R. Peter (IT Solutions) at