[Mgs] Heater valve

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 22:08:36 MST 2009

If I recall correctly, the bolts that secure the heater valve in my
car have pointed ends. It is possible that some electrolytic action
caused this, but I don't think so. When I bought the car, there was no
heater valve and a blanking plate was fitted. It's been a few years
since I put a valve in place (replaced twice since), but I think I
used the same bolts.

The last time I replaced the valve, I did ensure that the threads were
clean, so that I had no need of tools to get the bolts screwed in all
the way and they only needed a final tightening with a spanner.

Simon