[Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Nov 28 02:25:10 MST 2009

Correct.  One failure mode of these a while ago was the connection from the
foil to the case and/or wire when it changed to crimped from ... whatever it
was before.  I've never had a condenser fail in 40 years, and I've been
carrying spares in both my MGBs since I had them.  I've only ever changed
one once, which was when I was treating a distributor to new leads, cap and
rotor as well as points for some silly reason, but I got away with it.