[Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 20:50:58 MST 2009

Charles,

The problem of electrolytic capacitors has been known for several
years and doesn't seem to have been solved yet. There are people who
offer capacitor replacement kits and capacitor replacement services.
The kits are several times the price that the same set of caps can be
purchased from Digi-key.

The "condensers" in the ignition system are not electrolytic (I
think), so  they don't have the same problems.

Simon