[Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Fitting a radio

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Wed May 27 09:05:44 MDT 2009

James,

Yes!  a simple radio as I do not want flashing
screen with all sorts of useless garbage - TV
even!!!!!  So I will get one with the six buttons
(enough, but I know they all have an ability to
use a button three times) - a USB port for my
flash drive.  The latter I suppose needs
something to allow one to search/see titles  etc
- but will consult with radio chap.   If it
wasn't for my desire to hear Canadian Radio 1 (NO
COMMERCIALS) I would just have a flash drive
thingy (Ipod??).  As for paying for Serious (ha ha) radio - forget it!

My speakers are going into the wheel well as I
can certainly protect from any rubbish that gets in there past the seals.

At 11:42 PM 5/26/2009, James Bown wrote:
>What make/model of radio are you going to use?
>It sounds like a good simple one.
>
> > Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:20:55 -0400
> > To: mgb-v8 at autox.team.net; mgs at autox.team.net
> > From: barrie at look.ca
> > Subject: [Mgb-v8] Fitting a radio
> >
> > I want to put in a radio in my MGB and, of course. I have the usual
> > space in the centre console, but it is the location of the speakers
> > that puzzle me. Seems as if the doors are the most common spot but I
> > like that not because of the door/body connection required. It
> > would seem that the wing space to the left (or right) of ones knees
> > (forward of the door opening) would be perfect. Tons of room, simple
> > route to radio, and easily fitted. However, nowhere have I seen this
> > place mentioned. Is there some reason why this place should be not a
> > good idea?
> >
> > The radio will be a simple one with just the station selection
> > buttons and front face flash-stick (USB) outlet. Using a flash-stick
> > will be great as stacking even CDs in the car is a little cramped -
> > forget tapes!!!
> >
> > Any sage advice would be welcome and thank you in advance for replies.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Barrie
> > (705) 721-9060

>Hotmail. has ever-growing storage! Dont worry
>about storage limits.
><http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Storage?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutori
al_Storage1_052009>Check
>it out.