[Mgs] MGA axle carrier threads

Robert J. Guinness guinness at stclegal.com
Sun Mar 22 04:02:47 MST 2009

Well, the axle carrier threads for the hub nut on my MGA 1600 are
totally knackered. It looks like the threads were compressed and the
outside edge flared out.  (When removing the nut, an interior thread of
the nut peeled off.)   I tried a universal thread chaser.  I also tied
Barney Gaylord's suggestion of cutting a nut, sliding it over the
threads, clamping it back together and turning it back and forth.  I
still cannot start the nut (its a LH  nut with LH axle threads). What
are my options?
--
Robert Guinness