[Mgs] setting jets in su's

Jim Juhas james.f.juhas at snet.net
Wed Mar 4 20:30:02 MST 2009

I race my MGA but have yet to use Chima's technique.  I have, however,
used a dial caliper to determine where the jets are after I tune in the
conventional way.  It makes reassembly and set up much faster.  It will
also tell me if something is mechanically out of whack, for example,
great differences in the operating fuel level which in turn require
different jet settings to balance.  Perhaps a more crude version of
Chima's technique.