[Mgs] MGB 50th Anniversary

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 10:29:27 MDT 2009

--- On Tue, 6/16/09, Murray Arundell <arundell at ghs.com.au> wrote:

> Thanks for volunteering David, you're
> hired!!

I think you read way too much into my simple suggestion. :-)

However, I would suggest that someone get busy on a logo.
The MGA 50th Anniverary logo was an international project.
I believe is was designed in England (and approved by the
MGCC), and a fellow in Australia made the grille badges.
Our local MGCC chapter in the Puget Sound area made logo
shirts.  A logo may seem like a minor thing, but it's a
great unifier and aid in organizing events "under one
roof" even though they're taking place all over the world.

There's a picture of it on a banner near the bottom of
this page:

http://www.tildebang.com/mg/mgadventure2.html

There was also a "yearbook" published that documented
activities and events around the world associated with
the MGA anniversary.  I just walked over to my
bookshelf to get the name and ISBN, and it's missing
(the book, not the shelf) but I'm sure someone here
can provide more info.

One thing I will say is that it was rather difficult to
get very many MGB owners interested in our events, even
though they were open to all MGs.  This seemed strange to
me in light of the fact that the MGB anniversary was
"just around the corner", and the MGA activities would be
a perfect "dry run" for the coming (and I assume much
larger) MGB anniversary.  So, you reap what you sow. :-)
My first car was an MGB, so I'm interested in the MGB
activities.  It's just too bad more MGB owners didn't
feel the same way about the MGA events.