[Mgs] BL lost $2000 on every MG sold in the US

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:20:18 MDT 2009

. *When the shop stewards ran the floor everything was great. When
> these self made men decided that the workers were too stupid to know how to
> do their jobs, and took over the floor there was nothing but labor strife.

I'm not so convinced that the blame can be laid so much on the A & M.
I think there was plenty of blame to go around and during  the days of
"Red Robbo", I think the unions contributed much to BL's problems.
It's possible that a confrontational culture was built by A & M's
styles which later resulted in worse labor problems.

I haven't read Whisler's book and I tried and failed to discover what
his background is. He doesn't seem to have published anything else.

Simon