[Mgs] MGB Windscreen

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 25 06:17:43 MDT 2009

Bob,

Don't you think that the windscreens were installed after the body was
painted and before any of the interior? Without the dash, wiring, etc., it
would be an easy task.

New back up light lenses and brake switch yesterday. New Lucas lenses used
larger screws (#8 rather than the originals which appeared to be #6), so I
had to retap the captive nuts. The brake switch had unusable connectors and
wires a foot too long, so they had to be cut and new, correct terminals
soldered on. Every 10 minute job take an hour and a half!

New wiper arms and blades today. I hope that the old motor has the torque to
move them. A replacement wiper motor is on hand in case it doesn't.

Thanks for all your encouragement and assistance.

Best,

Ed

Ed