[Mgs] MGB Windscreen

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Thu Jul 16 11:54:03 MDT 2009

   Visors and hood brackets have been riveted in the windscreens I have
taken apart. Moss catalogue shows rivets for the sun visor bracket. Pop
rivets work if the rivet tool (gun) has a tip that will fit snug against
the visible part of the rivet.  Some have used screws, but one must be
very careful that screws do not contact the glass.
   Those four bolts can be installed w/o removing the dash.  It's not a
quick or easy task, alas.  A helper is of inestimable value. Before
starting, check that the bolts thread easily into the threads on the
body. Some relieve the tips of the bolts a bit so they have more
self-centering action as they enter the threaded holes. A bit of
anti-seize for lubrication will not hurt.  One gets all of them started
loosely, then tightens. The rubber seals try to roll backwards under the
frame and are surprisingly stiff.
Bob