[Mgs] Brake frustrations

Keith G. kger.mg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:29:22 MDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Max Heim <max_heim at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Are you getting any fluid to the rear system at all? Try undoing the hard
> line to one of the rear cylinders.

Every once in awhile I'll see a spurt of fluid.  But it takes a lot of pedal
pumping to get any.

> Faulty rear cylinders right out of the box is a real possibility, these
> days.

Well, I had the system pumped up nicely after replacing the cylinders.  But
I hope they're not defective.

> Has the car been on a flatbed tow recently? It can happen that when the
> operator secures a chain or strap around the rear axle, it flattens the
> hard
> line, preventing any fluid flow. Solution is to replace the steel brake
> line.

No, it's not been towed at all since I've had it.  (I hope I didn't just
jinx it!)