[Mgs] setting valves after head machining / 1500 MGA

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 09:42:17 MDT 2009

If the valves are not adjustable with the adjusters all the way in, then
they either have serious valve seat recession, or too long stems.  One
doesn't like to remove material from the stellited tips as you can get into
softer material in the stem that will wear.  Sounds like the head may need  new
seats or new valves or both.

I suppose you could shim the pedestals, but I hate to do that to cure a
problem. like that.

Bill

In a message dated 7/13/2009 8:03:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,