[Mgs] Common Language

Malcolm Jeffcock msjeffcock at eastlink.ca
Fri Jan 9 05:07:04 MST 2009

Like most MG enthusiasts I am not a linguist nor an anthropologist and have
read this thread off and on. If its of interest the Geordie dialect, English
with a twist in NEast England has a significant base in the language of the
Scandinavian visitors from a long gone time, the Vikings. Anyone who has
experienced the French spoken by either the Acadians and the Cajuns will
know a language far different than Parisienne French, a language that
incorporates words of the primary language that surrounded the French
speakers for the last 300 hundred year: English. It happens all the time. We
had a maternity leave fill in as a legal assistant who we let go because she
kept transcribing dictation as though she was texting "2" instead of "to"
and the like...who knows what English will be in 50 years after all that
texting!

We all are influenced by what's around us-----even to the extent that Miata
seats are in MG's!!!Lets get back to cars.

Malcolm