[Mgs] Common Language

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 03:30:09 MST 2009

We weren't 'English' until after the Angles 'landed'.  There were Celts here
before that, and they got pushed into Wales and Ireland.  Scots are a
derivation of those, and they pushed the Picts out.  There were people is what
is now England before the North Sea separated us from continental Europe, I
very much doubt they spoke 'English', even though we may still have a few
words left over from then (probably rude ones).

  Despite Wikipedia the English language was spoken in Britain long
  before anyone landed from foreign shores.