[Mgs] sandblasting

David Ambrose stargazer1 at cox.net
Thu Dec 31 08:44:30 MST 2009

Councill, David wrote:
> It does look like TP Tools is the way to go.... if you are on the East
> coast, USA. Unfortunately, I am in what they call "Zone 3" which means
> the shipping is more than the cost of the material at $35 for the $29
> media. However, that still puts the cost a little less than what
> Grainger charges for their 5 gallon pails. Hard to say how that relates
> in size - water is a little over 40 pounds per 5 gallons and I'm
> guessing this stuff is probably somewhere between 1.2-1.5 times heavier
> than water so 50 lbs could be a bit less than 5 gallons (4 - 4 1/2
> gallons?).

You might want to check the phone book first. Sandblasting isn't exactly
rocket science. We have a couple of places here in San Diego that sell
specialized sandblasting media. I was able to get a 50lb bag of garnet
sand for $15. They carried all sorts of other media for reasonable prices.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose