[Mgs] 1967 O/D driveshaft

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 01:54:15 MST 2009

*I* don't have a lathe, and I wonder how many of us do, capable of turning
something like that.  Any spacer would have to be *precision* machined to
replicate the dimensions of the recess and protrusion on the flanges as it is
this that centralises the shaft for correct balance and not the bolts in the
holes.  Not a trivial task, I suggest.  At #60 for a brand-new prop-shaft
without part-exchange I can't see it is worth it.

  Be hard NOT to balance it as you are turning it up on a lathe, Paul, but its
a fair point.