[Mgs] Help! Engine block full of gas

Roger Wilt rdwilt at pol.net
Fri Aug 21 21:02:20 MDT 2009

The 74 MGB was on front jack stands awaiting new clutch slave cylinder so I
thought I would work on an electrical gremlin with the hazard lights. I was
switching the ignition switch off and on during this process but it became
very late and didn't realize I left the switch in the on position until I got
home from work and smelled gas everywhere in the garage. I assume that because
the front end was up the floats didn't shut off and pumped gas into the
cylinders all night. I drained 3-4 gallons of gas /oil mixture but not sure
what to do next. Anyone have this experience? What to do next? Any damage
done??  Thanks.
Roger
Columbus OH
51 TD