[Mgs] Stance question

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 3 01:48:41 MDT 2009

With the 50/50 weight distribution of the MGB taking just the engine out is
going to have a significant effect on the rear, and if it is minus engine and
gearbox even more so.  And apart from that in the first photo it is strapped
down with chains so any height opinions can't be made, and in the 2nd even no
longer being held by chains at that angle weight is going to be transferred
forwards.  But taking all that into account the front looks as if the engine
and gearbox *are* installed, so if they aren't now it is going to be very low
when they are.  I'd be guessing that the rear will be about right when fully
equipped, but there is no way of knowing until it is so there is no point in
guessing.

  ... you can see the rear looks very
  high, keep in mind this is about as stripped as it can get, no engine
  etc. I think the rear is too high and the front too low...