[Mgs] Alamo Beige MGA

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 08:16:17 MDT 2009

--- On Fri, 7/31/09, Robert J. Guinness <guinness at stclegal.com> wrote:

> Although I admit I am
> aesthetically challenged, Alamo Beige seems to be less than
> attractive.  Does a modern repaint of the color make it
> more appealing? Does the refreshed color have copper tones
> in it, rather than the brown eggshell look of the faded
> paint I have under the existing paint?

It looks like stucco.  The kind of orangey stucco
houses in Arizona are finished in.  It does not
look coppery at all.  It's a very bright color,
not like brown eggshell at all.  It's unusual, but
not unattractive.  And it is very difficult to
reproduce accurately in a photograph (heck, even
my glacier blue car is hard to reproduce).  If
I had a car that was originally alamo beige, I
would definitely repaint it that color.  It's
extremely rare and would be the focus of attention
at any get-together of MGA owners.