[Mgs] Help in Chicago?

Craig Tufty craig at ctufty.com
Sat Aug 1 07:51:10 MDT 2009

Hello Group:

On my journey to Chicago from Alexandria, Virginia mid morning on 7/30/09 I blew a tire on my 72 B (completely destroyed the tire / the wire wheel is fine, {spare tire image attached}) just East of Alexandria, Indiana. I had a spare and have replaced the blown tire. I made it to Glen Ellyn, Illinois  without any further complications.  Whew!

My question is this:  Does anyone  know of a good source for a spare tire in and around Glenn Ellyn?  I plan on being at a friends place all weekend Friday - Sunday (for a 2 day  soiree that 5 of my HS buddies and I engage in every year).  I will, hopefully, be driving back home (Alexandria, Virginia) on this coming Sunday or Monday depending on whether or not I can round up a spare.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you do attempt to contact me, please try email first. Stick shifts are tough to negotiate when your right hand is holding a cell!

Thanks.

Craig Tufty
2301 Cheshire Lane
Alexandria, Virginia 22307