[Mgs] UK Scrappage Scheme

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 06:50:59 MDT 2009

I forget who was setting up a petition against this, but you may want to hold off, or at least get the facts straight. According to
this article, it's NOT a 'we'll buy your car for 2,000 pounds' deal, but a discount on a new car when trading in your 10-year old
(or older) car. And it doesn't seem like the details are fully ironed out yet. Take a look -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/caradvice/mrmoney/5207883/Darlings-scrappage-scheme-fails-to-deliver.html

So it appears no worries about people going out and looking for old classics to buy for 1,000 pounds and turning around and
getting a cheque for 2,000 pounds from the government!

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)