[Mgs] MGB pillar/vent window seal

John DiFede difejo at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 22 06:37:06 MDT 2008

MGB pillar/vent window seal

I was going to replace the seal on the  windshield pillar which meets
the vent window frame. After struggling with the old one a bit, I
discovered the aluminum retainer INSIDE the seal cavity attached with
two screws. So, one installs the new seal, slides the retainer
inside, puts two HOLES in the new seal, install screws and puts
sealant on the holes. I can't imagine the need for for this. I think
the channel retainer will be quite adequate. What have others done?

Allen Hess
71 MGB

Allen, When I replaced my seals, I made the two holes to attach the screws.
Use an awl to punch tiny holes and use a small screwdriver to insert the
screws.  I did not seal the holes. The rubber seal will expand and make the
holes almost invisible.

John DiFede
73 MGB