[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Re: On-Going Issues

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 18:34:36 MDT 2008

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I have some good starting points.... Re: the fuel pump, I always assumed it was an SU - it
has not given me one lick of trouble since I bought the car in 1988! Hmmm, maybe that's a reason for it NOT to be an SU?! Anyway,
I am going to take a closer look at it tomorrow, see if it has a name on it. I'm also going to get a battery cut-off and install it
before I try to start the car again. I'll also do the flow test (although I don't believe that is an issue as the fuel filter in the engine
bay is full of fuel (it's the clear variety). But I'll do it anyway to eliminate a possibility (assuming it's okay). I am also going to unhook
the brake assist hose (vacuum hose) and block the port in the manifold, see what that does. Any idea on the size of that port? I
don't want to permanently block it off. I am going to try to make one change and then try to start the car, to see what's what. Then
move on to the next item.

Not sure I will get to thisall over the week-end, as I have a toilet to install, bushes to prune and other fall items.....!

I'll report back with what I find. Thanks again to everyone that responded.

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)