[Mgs] Bee and Vee, Goodwood and Boavista

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 09:09:14 MDT 2008

Hello Friends,

This lazy U.S. holiday morning I decided to clean up
my browser "favorites" as CNN droned on trying to make
hurricane Gustav sound as bad as possible.  In doing
so I came across Paul Hunt's "Bee & Vee" website link.
 Given that I'm just relaxing, sitting around in my
BVDs this morning (TMI!), I navigated Paul's site
carefully.  It reminded me of my visits to the
Goodwood Festival of Speed.  What an INCREDIBLE event
that is and what a nice job Paul has done of
documenting it.  Any of you who have not visited his
site, please do so for a motorsport treat:
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/  Can't wait to go back.
For those unfamiliar, this is an event where the
public can get up-close and personal with cars and
drivers - new, old and antique.  Brilliant.

Next year I hope to participate in the Boavista
charity event in Porto, Portugal.  Here's a look at
the historic circuit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuito_da_Boavista

Our own listmember, Rui Gigante, is an organizer of
the 2009 Boavista event.  Please drop him a line, here
on the list, if you're interesting in attending.

Now if I can figure a way to go to Goodwood AND
Boavista next year...

regards,

rick