[Mgs] back on the road

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Sun May 4 21:02:18 MDT 2008

finally made time this weekend and got the heater installed and the
dash put in.

I found that once everything was buttoned up the dash, that I don't
have the heater valve dial hooked up.
Joy everything has to come back apart. Not today. In the mean time, I
just have the valve all the way open.

Took it for a bout a 30 minute drive this evening. Temperature stayed
normal or less. So I'm satisfied that
I've got enough coolant in it. I was concerned about getting the
heater core filled back up, but it seems good.

I put a new radio in, it's pretty nice. more power than the old one,
and the unit is smaller and fits great. I can
even get my hand in behind it. The nicest part is that the wires have
a plug into the back, so you can get it out easily
enough.

It's a JVC KD-APD38 comes with an iPod cable. 50Wx4. I got it for $79.
It's $99 right now from Newegg.

I believe I'll be driving it into work tomorrow. About time we got
some decent weather.

Paul.