[Mgs] OT Australia Eight hours day

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 18:14:19 MST 2008

Hello Eric, et al.,

My mate Eric wrote:

> PS  I fly out to Victoria for the Melbourne F1 GP
> in half an hour (and it looks like being a HOT
> one).

Damn Eric.  I sure wish I was there with you again
this year.  I'm giving the marshal work a break this
year - save perhaps setting a rallye this spring -
then planning to come back to Melbourne next year.  I
was offered a trackie position at the Canadian GP but
turned it down.  I'm still pretty bummed out about the
failed US F1 GP.

As for being hot, I had a really terrible episode at
the US race last summer.  Air temp was about 95
degrees F and the track temp was about 20 degrees over
that.  In the pits we stand all day on the tarmac, not
the comfee corner posts of OZ. :-P  I got dehydrated
this past year and all-but collapsed.  I ended up
setting out much of race day.  Fortunately, I was
working the pit-in flag station on COMS and flags.
Thought you'd like that.

So if you have a computer with you, let me know the
corner designation you're working this year.  I am
SOOOO jealous.

regards,

rick