[Mgs] MGB exhaust systems

Matt Trebelhorn matt.lists at trebelhorn.com
Thu Mar 6 09:16:18 MST 2008

I see that Moss has a new MGB exhaust system on their website:

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?
PlateIndexID=65625&SortOrder=1

Looks nice -- bolt-up flanges, smooth-looking bends (though the
header is oddly angular), and I like the hanger set-up.  Plus, you
know, it's shiny, and I'm not immune to that.

I notice that it's not a long center branch style header, but a 3-1
collector.  Here's where the theory comes in.  My understanding was
that 3-1 collectors were only advantageous for high-rpm operation,
and that the LCB was better for low-end torque.

So, what's this exhaust about?  It's obviously being marketed to a
general audience; is it an all-things-to-all people compromise?  Is
it just a shiny bit that fits around the supercharger?  Pipe
diameters?  Comparison to the Peco system?  Dyno results?

Anybody have more info on this system?

Also, a non-related issue; I posted two responses to topics on the
list in recent weeks -- a followup to a topic that I originally
posted, and a post about the spacers under the seat rails.  Neither
post showed up on the list -- I used the same e-mail address I used
to post my original message (and this message); I just clicked "reply
all" and started typing.  I seem to recall that working in the past...

Thanks,
Matt